What We Do
Echelon seeks to mobilize the next generation for The Salvation Army by providing opportunities for young adults to engage with the organization through fellowship and networking, donations and fundraising, and service and volunteering.
- The Army of Hope Gala, held in April, is a dinner that celebrates local leaders who make a difference in our community.
- Red Kettle Ringing and our 4-Corner Challenge are opportunities for Echelon members to collect donations in their community for The Salvation Army’s annual Red Kettle Campaign.
- Echelon hosts multiple events throughout the year raising money and school supplies for the Red Pencil Project, which provides school supplies to children in need in our local communities.
Service & Volunteer
Our volunteers are the army behind “The Army”. Echelon members have opportunities to work directly with those The Salvation Army is serving, through serving hot meals to the hungry, collecting back to school items and clothes for keiki, or participating in National Donut Day.
Echelon Members will be invited to exclusive donor events such as our William Booth Society reception, Holiday Appreciation Party and Annual Echelon Celebration.
Why We Do It
- Echelon Hawaii supports The Salvation Army Hawaiian and Pacific Islands and its efforts to provide shelter, food, clothing, counseling and countless other services to thousands of men, women, and children in need.
- Last year alone, The Salvation Army Hawaiian and Pacific Islands:
- Served 80,843 people and provided basic needs to 2,047 keiki
- 429,924 meals provided
- Collected and distributed 67,674 gifts and toys