What We Do
Echelon seeks to mobilize the next generation for The Salvation Army by providing opportunities for young adults to engage with the organization through fellowship and networking, donations and fundraising, and service and volunteering.
Want to serve in San Diego? Please check out the latest opportunities here
Donations & Fundraising
- The Echelon Annual Fundraising Event, held each spring, is a dinner and dance that celebrates the vast work of The Salvation Army. The multi-generational event is an opportunity to bring together a diverse group of The Salvation Army's supporters.
- Red Kettle Bell Ringing is a chance for Echelon members to collect donations in their community for The Salvation Army's annual Red Kettle Campaign.
Service & Volunteering
- With the Salvation Army San Diego Public Relations team, Echelon members had the opportunity to thank the many California firemen that battled the flames engulfing 10,000s of acres in San Diego with snacks, beverages, and sanitary items.
- With the Salvation Army’s San Diego homeless outreach, Echelon members enjoy serving meals and providing hygiene packs to those in need.
- With the Sierra del Mar Chapter and Women’s Auxiliary, Echelon members have the opportunity to go back-to-school shopping with San Diego students needing these educational supplies.
- At the The Salvation Army Ray & Joan Kroc Center members have opportunities to work directly with those The Salvation Army is serving.
- San Diego Polo Tailgate Party provides members a chance to socialize while supporting local sporting events.
- Red Hot Christmas party benefiting the Salvation Army is both a toy drive and holiday party benefiting the Angel Tree.
Why We Do It
Echelon San Diego supports The Salvation Army Sierra Del Mar Division and its efforts to provide shelter, food, clothing, counseling and countless other services to thousands of men, women and children in need.